Friday, October 1

Blog fail. Blogger fail. Bloggest fail.

Holy crap! Did you see that?! I just failed spectacularly at like 3 things all at once! Before I even started them!
First I was all “Oh, hey. I’m an ascetic. I’m only going to eat rice beans and greens for 3 months.”
Then I was all “Oh, hey. I’m a writer. I’m gonna blog about being an ascetic. Awesome.”
Then the sun came out. Apparently sunny Saturdays are not conducive to asceticism.  
Apparently they are much conducive to tacos. And cocktails. Not so much to rice beans and greens.
So I failed at asceticism. 
"No problem though," I thought to myself. "My friends know I'm broke...surely someone will buy me lunch or a drink." 
But alas, I failed to get either lunch or a drink bought for me.
Then, to top it all off, my internet broke. So now, not only do I have to buy snacks and drinks to use the interwebs, but I also totally space on blogging every single time I'm online--Fail #3.
Possibly I’ve been subconsciously blocking the blog out, so I don’t have to confront my failure. 
Either way, both diet and the blog seemed dead on arrival.

But look!
They have arisen! It’s like digital-dietary Easter! My sins of gluttony and forgetfulness are forgiven!
The blog begins anew! -- the diet too.
October 1 2010. 
It begins.
Rice. Beans. Greens. Blog.
Same rules as before, only now I have a support group. (And still no job.)

Henceforth I shall have discipline.
Henceforth, I shall eat three kinds of food and write about it.
Oh man.
It will be so rad.
You don’t even know.
Seriously.
Just wait.

PS: Ignore the date stamp. I wrote this 30 Sept 10. I swear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment