Thursday, October 7

And then my head exploded.

I've begun inflicting Rice, Beans, and Greens on my friends.
My housemates know I love to cook. They also know I'm unemployed.
So when we decided to have our first ever house dinner, guess who got to cook?
Yep. Me. The one without shit else to do all day.
And can you guess what I made?
Yep. Rice, beans, and greens.

Don't worry. It's not as bleak and boring as it sounds.
We had spicy lentil Dahl, Saag (a creamy, spiced, Indian spinach dish), and dosa (flatbreads made out of this kind of sourdough-y rice and lentil batter.)

So yeah. The RBG program now includes recruiting players for my team.
I'm like a reverse addict -- I need company while I avoid my fix.

In other news, I am now officially Unemployed.
Livin' on the dole.
Sucking the government teat.
(Municipal Similac is definitely allowed as part of the RB&G program, by the way. See Post 1, Rule 5.)

Anyway, I was sitting in the unemployment office the other day waiting for an agent to call my number and I had a couple of realizations:
  1. Applying for Unemployment and EBT are the most useful and productive things I've done in weeks. Weird.
  2. Everyone I know in Portland is or has been on Unemployment and/or Food Stamps. It's like a rite of passage for being a "real" Portlander or something.
  3. I'm sitting in the lobby of the Self Sufficiency Office...waiting for the state to take care of me. 
And then my head exploded.

1 comment: