Saturday, November 27

Post-Thanksgiving Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Ugh.
I officially have a full-body hangover.

Three days of food, booze, late night dance parties, and long runs in the rain have taken their toll.
But hey, why not overindulge? After all, Thanksgiving only happens once a year (for 3 days in a row, apparently).

There is one thing I did not overindulge in, however: cooking. After 6 straight weeks of house dinners, potlucks, and parties, I figured I deserved a break. But since I'm the type of person who shudders at the thought of arriving at a potluck empty-handed, I made one of my favorite, never-fail, always-a-hit dishes -- which also happens to be ridiculously easy:


Garlicky Green Beans 

2 lbs. green beans. Rinsed and trimmed 
2 heads of garlic. Peeled 
2 Tbsp. good olive oil, 
and some coarse sea salt 
and freshly ground black pepper.

Toss the beans and garlic with oil in a big bowl. Then spread them out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper.  Cook at 425F for 35-ish minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve 'em up hot, cold, or anywhere in between. Sit back, relax, and wait for the compliments to start pouring in. 


Mmmmm...green beans. Delicious green beans...


Easy, right?
Plus, think about how much time it'll free up for overindulgence!
Then you can have a full-body hangover too!

1 comment: